Sunday, March 22, 2015

Munchkin the Teddy Bear gets her exercise ORIGINAL


Do you suffer from “Cuteness Overload Syndrome?”  Then you don’t want to watch this video! This Shih Tzu mommy took a stuffed teddy bear and made it into a costume for her dog by cutting out the face and fitting it to her Munchkin. She then taught Munchkin to walk on a treadmill.

Beyond the sheer cuteness of this video, I started to wonder how difficult it would be to teach a dog to walk on a treadmill.  I also thought about how convenient it would be to have a dog that would walk on a treadmill.  In fact, Tyler Muto Dogmanship created a video that teaches you just that! The most important things I learned from the video were to introduce the dog to a slow treadmill first, reward them for being interested in the treadmill, raise the speed to their natural gait as soon as possible, and to never leave a dog on a treadmill unattended! There were many other lessons to be learned and I’m eager to get started teaching my dog Buffy to walk on a treadmill.

In the meantime, I have to watch Munchkin again-- it just doesn’t get any cuter!

No comments:

Post a Comment